Friday, March 6, 2009

New look.

Today at lunch I'm trying to figure out how to customize this blog. So far I've learned how to update my title area. I put this together pretty quickly and it still needs work, but I really like how the look is working.

The images are taken from the work of Ernst Haekel. Haekel was a German scientist who lived from February 16, 1834 - August 9, 1919. He promoted the work of Darwin, did a lot philosophizing, and made beautiful artistic interpretations of everything he studied. One of the images he is most famous for is the controversial embryological drawings:



These drawings were recently (2001 and 2002) mentioned in Nature as examples of fake schematical drawings. I don't know much about this issue, but it's definitely an interesting one and something to look into a little further.

Whatever, even if the old drawings and sketches aren't completely accurate, he certainly could use colour and light in interesting ways.





1 comment: