Monday, March 2, 2009

March Madness.

Okay.

So spring time is almost here and I am soooooo ready for it. Time to finish the thesis, clean out the clutter, and feel fresh and warm. I'm looking forward to packing up the heavy winter wear and being light and floaty, spending time outside in the sunshine, and watching our garden grow. I have big plans for spring and summer activities and I'll be taking advantage of every last weekend here in Guelph. I'm also looking forward to working on new spring art and making lovely things.

First off, some of my new projects include:

- Making new wall art for the house. I have some great ideas for embroidered pieces with buttons and beads and knitting combined. Nea is an intriguing shop at etsy.com that has all sorts of inspiring ideas. These are two of my favourites:





I think a collection of these sorts of things would be very interesting and a great way to show off some of my buttons and beads.

I also need to take up some paintings. I have a new eisel and a plain white skirt that I've been planning on painting with silk-screen ink. I can't wait for the day where I can go outside and sit in the sun and work away.

- I'm also revamping my wardrobe. I have intentions to go through the closet and deal with my basket full of mending. Last night I went shopping and picked out this little frock:



- Other than that, I can't wait to see if my alvar comes back to life this summer. Hopefully it won't get weed-whacked this year and I'll be able to harvest the seeds.

Natalie and I are also in the process of planning our vegetable garden. There is a plot in her backyard and I think we should turn it over in the next week or so. Then we'll head to the Ontario Seed Company to pick out some interesting varieties. There are also some growers at the Guelph Farmer's Market who carry organic, heirloom varieties. I picked up some delicious yellow pear tomatos, tiny tims, and hungarian wax peppers from there last year. They grew very well and abundantly.

K, enough for now. I'm anxious for all this to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment