Monday, April 11, 2011

Drop Spindling.

One of the women in my Wednesday night knitting group makes drop spindles. Last week she gave one to me. I had always thought drop spinning was just a craft I could not catch on to, but it turns out that the spindle I had been using was really unbalanced and difficult to spin with. Since trying out the one she made, I've spun all this.

This was my first 50 g. It's Fleece Artist hand-dyed merino sliver from Nova Scotia. I bought it at Yarn Forward in Ottawa. It broke a lot. And is very thick and thin.


This is my second batch. It's Schoppel-Wolle merino pencil roving from Germany, purchased at All Strung Out in Guelph. It's much more even. The colour changes inside of this one are impressive too.


I'm going to make a large artwork type thing out of all of my handspun wool. I need to think of the best way to show off the fibre and all of my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment