Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cheese update!

Today I fixed the over-salted cheese. I poured out all of the salt brine, washed off each of the cheese twists, and refilled the jar with garlic, dill, pickling spices, a normal amount of salt, vinegar, and water. I just tried a little sample and it tastes really good already. I am really happy that I didn't waste $14 on a jar of salt cheese that burns my mouth.

Also, tomorrow in my kitchen I'm going to try sprouting onion seeds again. I've been trying all winter, but this house has cold spots and is exceptionally dry, so it hasn't worked out. Now that it's beginning to warm up here a bit, I think I'll be more successful. I've collected a nice set of jars over the winter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment