Monday, November 2, 2009

The fun theory.

I just liked this. I also joined NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) where you challenge yourself to post every day during November. This might be a little tricky, but I've always wanted to join and I'll try my best. Other variations on this include the original NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) where members attempt to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November and NaSweKniMo (National Sweater Knitting Month) where members attempt to knit a 50,000 stitch sweater in a month. I like this one because you don't have to count anything, just try to post.

And I've done well so far.



Today was an overcast, slightly rainy day, but Liz, Ollie, Liz's brother Shannon, and I had a really great afternoon. They took me down to Mission Bay to have lunch on the waterfront and we all ate greenshelled mussels with garlic, onions, and celery and Shannon and I drank Belgish Beer. I bounced around with Oliver so Liz could finish her lunch. He's such a funny little fellow and I'm so glad he doesn't cry when I hold him. He's just starting to recognize people and he has the sweetest little crooked smile. I will definitely post some pictures in the next few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to go explore Auckland City and visit the Auckland Museum near the hospital Jonathan works at. I'm really interested to learn more about the history and geography of this place. Auckland sits on about 50 volcanoes and the traditional Maori culture is really celebrated here. Then of course I'll stop in at a couple of the local wool stores too!

No comments:

Post a Comment