Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paint a Painting.

Last July, I took an art course at the Haliburton School of the Fine Arts. It was a week long course in impasto watercolour printmaking. Bronwen was also at school that week, taking a book-binding course. We stayed at a cottage and had a great time. I'm going to apply for another course for this summer, but I can't commit to anything yet since I don't know where I'll be.

My favourite print, and my class friend's print on my wall in Cornwall.


Close-up of the friend print.



Two of my little square prints near the window in Cornwall.


My giant pile of paper and a week's worth of prints in my portfolio.


And now, for some process shots. This is what it looked like when I was carefully peeling a print off of our 3000 lb per inch printing press.


Myself and one of the instructors, at the press in the hallway of the school.


Some of our work drying on the felt drying boards.


On Thursday, we all walked around and saw what people were making in the other classes.

Weaving was right across the hall from my class.


Bronwen's bookbinding class was at the highschool in town.


Her mini book.


A wooden bird from the birdcarving class, which I greatly admire.


All kinds of amazing art supplies everywhere.


Things to shape jewellery in silversmithing class.


Glassblowing class.


And some of their creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment