Monday, March 21, 2011

Annnd,,,,I almost forgot...

to post on the second day of my self-inflicted posting challenge. I actually just woke up and got out of bed to post this because I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep thinking about my Day 2 Fail.

Luckily, there are still a few minutes to midnight.

Tomorrow, the staff at my workplace are throwing me and my coworker a going-away potluck lunchtime party. I'm pretty nervous about feeling sad at my party. I really love my job and I don't want it to come to an end. I'm not actually going away right away. My coworker will be leaving next Saturday, though, and we decided a joint potluck was most appropriate at this time.

I'm going to wear a nicer-than-usual top, take my fanciest church plate with gold-rim and Guelph Presbyterian printed on the front, my bright red handmade mug, and my travel cutlery from New Zealand.

I'm contributing mac'n'cheese to the lunch. I don't really know why, but I've been craving it for a couple months now, I just haven't brought myself to make an entire dish of it for just myself. So, my friend gave me a bunch of slowcooker recipes including one for mac'n'cheese and I'm going to try it out on my coworkers. It only takes two hours to cook, so I've assembled all the ingredients and I'm going to plug it in tomorrow at work. I didn't want it to turn into mush overnight.

Here's the recipe. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow:

Cook covered for one hour on low heat:
3 c cheddar cheese
1 c provolone
1.5 c whole milk
1.5 c heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp mustard powder.
Add and cook covered on low for one more hour:
2 c elbow noodles
1 c sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment