Sunday, March 27, 2011

National Parks Project - Kluane

Okay, so I was away Friday and I didn't have much to say yesterday.

Then this happened. And once again that Canadian gemstone (thanks Gord Downie), the land of the midnight sun, the coldest, brightest, most terrifying place I've ever been, turns dark to light and magics everything there is from bad to good.

The film itself is incredible, but the extra footage, especially the part filmed at Silver City (an abandoned mining town on Kluane Lake), is really something else. Watching this makes me feel like I'm standing on the edge of the Alaska Highway again, knowing that I am just a small blue thing, nothing compared to the place or time around me.

I'm so glad this is happening and we're really starting to celebrate some of these places in ways that involve things other than oddly-designed, inaccessible silver coins and giant, inflatable beavers. I hope this catches on and millions of people watch these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment