Friday, October 2, 2009

Where have all the good tunes gone?

I want Bruce Peninsula and Sun Parlour Players at the Albion tonight!

This is what people say about Canadian music: "O, I like Nickelback."

Are you kidding me?

I've read every single free indie music newspaper I could find (two to be exact) and nothing is appealing. I did, however, miss a festival in Townsville by one day. Apparently Townsville is also one of Xavier Rudd's favourite places to play. I think he was at that show and I now remember why I recognized the name of the town, I've seen it on his Myspace.

I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll find something interesting down the coast. Aussies are really into DJs though, and I'm not totally. Someone was playing something cool called Girltalk the other day, but still I want a band with some substance.

O, and on the topic of missing things, I seem to only be able to arrive in a city a day after every event in the world. I've successfully missed the rugby finals in three states, I think. I'll keep trying in NZ too, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment