Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A very merry unbirthday!

Today I turn twenty-six and one half. Generally, I wouldn't even notice the date, or consider it to be special, but this year is a little different.

I noticed the date last night when I purchased our online tickets for Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. Emily, Andrew, and I will be in attendance at the late night showing this evening. My ticket was free because I collect Scene points with my sparkly Scene debit card from Scotiabank. We are all Exceptionally Excited to see this movie. It's going to be a good one. I can't wait to see all the new Harry Potter knits. I don't really remember all of the details of the book because I read it two years ago, so this is going to be a good refresher.

This year is also special because we celebrated my actual birthday with an Alice in Winter Wonderland Miniature Tea Party. It was a fantastic evening including out-of-town guests, delightful party foods, hand-crafted suits of cards sugar cubes, a perfect music list, gin in fancy tea cups, and I think almost every character from the movie was played by one of my nearest and dearest friends. This was one of my best birthdays ever. I love looking through these pictures from time to time.

I was Alice (of course.):



Nat made the best miniest candied apples:



Andrew was my Mad Hatter:



Emily the white rabbit:



Don't bother asking me about the March Hare, however ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment