Monday, July 13, 2009

Etsy rundown.

Man, there are so many talented, creative people out there. You can find pretty much anything you desire, handmade or vintage, at etsy.com. I've been stockpiling a few of my favourite items and stores and thought I'd share them here.

First off, I'm probably going to buy this t-shirt at Xenotee's shop once I'm finished this post. The swirl is made up of all of the collective animal terms, such as "an unkindness of ravens", a "knot of toads", or a "romp of otters":



All of the hewn resin and silver jewellry at Quercus Silver's shop is very cool. I also enjoy the use of the latin name for oak species:



The wax and oil paintings at Landfall are all completely beautiful. I like sets of paintings and landscapes a lot. Once I have a wall to hang them on, one of these will be mine:




Cardboard Safari
is a shop full of quirky things. These remind me of the collection of 2D to 3D animal and dinosaur puzzle toys I had as a child. There's just something really appealing to me about mounting fake animal heads on a wall:




Anatomy of a Skirt
makes robot pouches in theme sets. Collect them all! Then fill them with your items! Go from an original robot to a bedtime bot to a spider bot in no time at all! There's a bot for everyone:







And I can't make an etsy post without mentioning the potters. Michelle Swafford Pottery has all kinds of vessels, dishes, and jewellry too:



No comments:

Post a Comment