Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pond hockey birthdays.

Today is the Little's 2nd birthday. She's all grown up! It seems like yesterday she was only the size of a guinea pig.


Since Mini's birthday also happens to be my half birthday, I thought I'd put a few pictures up from my very fun pond hockey birthday party last January. This was the first time I had seen many of my friends since returning from my Australia and New Zealand trip. I had barely even recovered, in fact. It was so great that everyone was able to make the drive up from Guelph to visit my little home town. We dug up enough skates and hockey sticks for everyone and spent the evening planning pick-up on the Mill Pond. After hockey we went home for homemade pizza dinner, arm wrestling, hilarious youtube videos, and then headed back out at midnight to toboggan on the hill behind the rink. Everyone slept over and we had a big breakfast including eggs from the chickens I was housesitting the next morning.

Nat and Whitney snapped so many hilarious picture of the event. Here are a few of my favourites.

Nat and I on the way to the pond. Notice all the fabulous knitwear.


Em by the stop sign infront of my parent's house on the way to the pond. Her figure skates and Matt's hockey skates. I believe her tam was made by one of my past knitting students.


Matt and John (fast friends) carry the rubbermaid bin of beer to the pond. Whit tags along. They would build a bonfire on the pond for us. Whitney is wearing the toque I made her for Christmas. She truly appreciates a good handmade item.


Skate tie-up help. Andrew's chocolate brown toque made by me.


The crew. Mom and Dad and the pups came to join in on the fun too. Notice Jayme's flap hat.


Nat and Andrew back at the house after dinner.


Matt and Jayme modelling my grandfather's old snowpants.


Me and Louise!


Brian and his pup, Stogie. Brian is wearing his Christmas toque from me as well.


Em made me a spectacular cake, as usual. With a small bonfire's worth of candles.


My party was a great time. I'm so glad that I have so many good friends to knit for. Til next July....

O, and better yet, this post puts me one tiny bit closer to finishing one of my 101 things in 1001 days items. I've been working hard on my list lately.

1 comment:

  1. Good times in Warsaw!! We must do that again next year!
    Happy half birthday Cass!

    ReplyDelete