Thursday, May 13, 2010

There was night. And there was day.

Back to the south yesterday. The amount of flowers in Vancouver right now is sort of overwhelming. I've jogged along Jericho Beach in shorts and t-shirts and ate lunch on the pier in flip-flops.

Today is the day after the Canucks lost to Chicago in the playoffs and the front page of the Vancouver Sun sort of broke my heart:


I've been on the look-out for cheeky hockey signs around the city. Hopefully I can find a few more tomorrow.



Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading for my last stop on this trip: Vancouver Island. I'll catch the bus and take the ferry across. Then I'm visiting Leah and Jill for the week. We're going to hike and have dinners and all sorts of fun things. I'm also going to catch up on my blog posts. Today I went to the Public Markets in Granville and the Emily Carr University of Art and Design Graduation Exhibition. I also found some AMAZING giant things in Vancouver, including an installation by Douglas Coupland. And, I went to visit the Olympic Torch.

And that was all before I watch the Habs take the series over Sid and the Penguins. I watched the game at a bar on 4th Avenue with some friends and had too much beer and some tequila to celebrate. My head already hurts. Worth it though. And this next series is going to be a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment