Monday, March 1, 2010

Dawson Creek, BC.

Today we drove 591 km from the University of Alberta to the Super 8 at Mile 0 of the Alaskan Highway in Dawson Creek. It's 10:00 pm here, but it feels like midnight to all of us and we're really tired.

This morning Dylan, Lindsey, and I had to take hour long driving tests. We all passed. In between the tests we loaded up the truck with a huge couch and all of our gear. We left town around 1:00 pm. Also traveling with us are the spring crew leader, Devan, and another field tech, Kristen. We stopped in Valleyview, Alberta for gas, Grande Prairie, Alberta for dinner at a grocery store, and then decided to call it a day here in Dawson Creek.

Tomorrow we will be back on the road at 8:00 am after a complimentary continental breakfast and reloading all of our gear into the truck.

Today I also received a note from the Urban Cozy Project at Winterlude. They have loaded all of the pictures up. You can see pictures of both mine and Bronwen's contributed tree cozies along with a lot of other interesting pieces on Flickr.

I have a bunch of other neat photos from my week in Ottawa, including pictures I took when Mom, Dad, and I visited my cozy at Jacques-Cartier Park. Hopefully I'll have a chance to post them in the next little while. When we went to find my cozy we went inside an historical building at the park and found the Spins and Needles crew. That was cool. They all liked my cozy a lot :).

That's all I've got for now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment