Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back at it.

Been away for awhile. Just needed a bit of a break for the holiday season. I've got a few catch-up posts to make here from my trip and a new project for 2010. Hopefully I'll have decent internet access at the place I will be housesitting for January so I'll be able to load everything up.

Right now I'm deep into the International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championships. Canada won a huge game against the States on New Years Eve. I was in my beloved Guelph at the pub for that game and it was a riot. As I type, the Swedes just tied up their semi-final game with the States 1-1. They're really starting to come on. Either team will make an a good attempt to stop the Canadians from winning their 6th gold medal in a row on Tuesday evening.

During the tournament TSN has been playing a really interesting Nike ad. I'm not a huge fan of the company, but I do think they have an incredible marketing department. My only complaint is that they didn't use a Canadian band for the soundtrack because we all know there are a whole lot of really good independent Canadian artists out there. Even a few with wolves in their names or songs about wolves, I'm sure. In case you're wondering, the song is called Wolf Like Me and it's by TV on the Radio.


No comments:

Post a Comment